October 13, 2010

I know, I know...

I haven't blogged in a while.  I've been super busy!
The biggest factor is the girls are now in pre-school!  I "work" there 2 days a week AND have an evening workshop every week for their school.  It's like the world revolves around the timing of school and it's been such a radical change for all of us!  They are learning soooo much and it blows me away at how quickly they connect the dots, so to speak.  I  mean, one day they can count to 20 then the next day, they are like quoting algebra formulas and speaking in Latin!  Okay, maybe not that exactly, but they can actually write their names in a legible manner and that is just the coolest thing to me.

Last week I went to William Land Park in Sacramento to shoot some family portraits (which will be posted shortly...hang tight Ray Family!!!)

We went to Tahoe last weekend for my parent's 18th wedding anniversary! It's always comfrotable staying at Cody's aunt's condo at North Star (thanks Andi and Ben!).  The weather was perfect-couldn't ask for better. 

I have been asked to become a board member and serve as Secretary for PPSV (Proressional Photographers of the Sacramento Valley)!

I have been working with Debbie Brown Photography, taking candid photographs at preschools around Sacramento and then "beyond," as well as a few weddings.  Debbie is an awesome mother to her 3 daughters, a great photographer and business woman, and has become a close friend of mine over the past year.  She's a blast to work with and I can always bounce ideas off her because her many past experiences can lend guidance or encouragement, which is really nice to have when you are self-employed and on-your-own!

I worked with the wonderful Diana of D. Elaine Photography at a wedding last Sunday at the Arden Hills Country Club in Sacramento.  She was so easy to work with and we had fun getting to know each other. 

I have another wedding this coming Sunday, shooting at the Flower Farm in Granite Bay with Alexandra Frankel Photography!   I am really looking forward to this one because Alex is such a sweetheart and I just love her work! I think she's truly talented and I can't wait to shoot this wedding with her!

We just joined the gym, so....yah.  I actually feel guilty to go there and not just stay home to finally clean the bathtub or fold the laundry.  But you know what, the laundry can wait until everyone's done for the day and I can just chill out and watch Grey's Anatomy or LA Ink.

Goodness....there's so much that's been happening lately!  OH--my website was having some issues so I am waiting to get a response about that. That's one of those things I just can't let get to me because I don't have control over it, but it totally does weigh on my shoulders!  It's totally out of my hands at this point so I know I shouldn't be stressing like I am--but how can I not?!  Seriously though, I feel it's important for my clients to have a great experience with me and my business from start to finish, so when something goes awry with the website and gets in the way of their (hopefully) pleasurable experience with the viewing or ordering process, it really bothers me!  I mean, who wants to be related to any source of frustration for their clients?  So clients--I want you to know that I am working on it as best I can to get the issues fixed now so that it doesn't interfere with what you gotta do!  Please have mercy on me? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment